Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sickness Strikes!



Saturday morning started off really well. We were exhausted from our plane ride and the previous day that had been jam packed with events. We were ready to go out into Seoul on our own to find breakfest. We found a coffee and bagel store right by school that ended up being pretty tasty and was a break from the korean food.

Afterwards I had my first run in with a street vendor. I made my first attempt at bargaining with him (I'm told that you have to do that with everything here.) I even attempted to speak in Korean with the help of my Lonley Planet Phrase Book. Unfortunatly I was unsuccesful and paid 2500 won (about 21 dollars) for a leopard print blanket. The next day Professor Eur would tell me I could of got it for 1100 won. So pretty much I got hustled but I suppose you have to live and learn while in Seoul.

After a funfilled morning I became very sick on the way to lunch. Professor decided to bring us to a resturant on top of a mountain that had very windey roads. I think that mixed with my motion sickness, jet lag and korean food was just a recipe for disaster. I went back to the dorm were I was violently ill for the next 24 hours. My roommate Elaine wanted to bring me to the hospital on campus but I insisted I was fine while I puked my guts out.

No comments: