Wednesday, March 11, 2009

First Day in Seoul


On Friday we arrived in Seoul. Elaine, Amy and I were greeted my Professor Eur at the airport shortly after we arrived. Once we found him we were introduced to our buddies from Korea University. They would be our guides for the next couple of weeks and help us adjust to our new lives here in Seoul. The 3 of us were immediately split up into 3 taxis with our buddies. The cab ride alone was terrifying. I'm assuming the speed limit here is about 90 because that is how fast everyone was driving and no one was wearing their seatbelt except for me of course.




The first day was filled with sightseeing, orientation events and our first traditional Korean meal. We were overwhelmed and amazed by the amount of food we were given. I was willing to try everything and was ready to embrace Korean culture to the fullest!

No comments: