Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ray in Seoul








This past week my brother Ray came to visit me from Seoul, it was such a great experience. We went to the DMZ on a half day tour which was really neat. We got a chance to walk through the 3rd tunnel. It was fun but at the same time I could not help but be a little uneasy considering all of the tension between North Korea and the entire world lately.Throughout the rest of his time here I got a chance to take him to Insadong for some shopping and to try out some new restaurants. One night we went and saw Namta which is basically "Stomp" only with Korean chefs in a kitchen. It was awesome, there was a lot of acting so we could following along very easily. My favorite thing we did was go to a Korean baseball game. I loved the atmosphere of being at the stadium. It was also the first warm day I've had since I've been here so that was also really nice.



This week in school I had a successful experience teaching my social studies lesson to all 5 of the 6th grade classes. For the most part I feel like I got through to everyone with the part two conclusion of my facts about Missouri lesson. I still have those few students that just stare at you like they have no idea what you are saying to them. I had the students make K-W-L charts which we transfered to poster board and hung up in the classroom. I think they all enjoyed the activity.The next lesson I'm planning with be about American symbols then specifically focusing on the American Flag. I'm looking forward to teaching this lesson now that I am more familiar with the students and their learning habits.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jess, maybe I will send you that picture of Rummy at the Lake with the American Flag flying behind him. That would be funny