Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Trip to Japan


I enjoyed my trip to Yokohama Japan very much. I got a chance to visit my older brother who teaches English to 8th, 9th and 10th graders at St. Maur International School in Yokohama. One day I got to observe and help assist one of his 8th grade classes. The students all got a big kick out of me being there. They had a huge debate whether or not my brother and I looked alike. Also I was a little mad when his students mistook me for his older sister,(I am only 22, he is 28). All in all it was a great trip, I ate amazing sushi, I got to go out in Tokyo and most importantly I got a chance to experience a different country while in Asia.
This week when I got back to school it was time for my 6th grade class to make their own flags. They were all very excited about it, I thought I was going to need to give them more instruction but they are so creative and artistic they caught on right away. I was amazed how different and unique each of the students made their flags. I thought this lesson was going to go good and actually it went great!

No comments: