Friday, April 17, 2009

Half Way

This week was the first week I finally felt settled. My weeks and lessons are now starting to become more routine. Teaching is becoming easy because I'm now familiar with the students from the different classes and grades. This week was Easter in Seoul and I managed to find my way to the Myeongdoung Catholic Cathedral for Sunday morning mass. The church was beautiful, the people were friendly and even though the mass was in Korean it was pretty easy for me to follow. This week at the school I taught Storytelling for 4th and 1st graders. It was my first week teaching the 1st graders and I really enjoyed it. Whenever I first came to Korea and found out I was having 6th grade I was a little upset at first because I prefer grades 1-3. So after teaching the 1st graders Tuesday it reminded me of how much I love teaching that age level. However I am enjoying my time here teaching the 6th graders and I'm thankful that I was given the chance to work with the other grades as well.

No comments: